Whew, what a weekend and the last couple of days!
The reunion was wonderful, but very tiring. (Read Sissy's post, she got it spot on!)
We raced home so I could take Husb back for a skin graft on Monday, and it went very well, but a very long day.
He has been in a lot of pain as they took the graft from the front of his right ear and they were sewing into new flesh, but today he feels much better. He is bandaged up like a prize fighter after a major loss, and the dressings must stay on until next Monday when return again.
He can bath, but his hair? So, I am going to make an appointment at a hair salon for a shampoo! Husb has a lot of hair.
I finished a large project for a friend in the shop "gratis" and it turned out well, so now I have two huge projects off my list, and I am finally seeing day light! But for how long?
There is so much mending in the shop, and we have "Little Persons" clothing out the wazoo, but it will get done.
Sissy is working like a wild woman on wedding dresses.
I got my upper freezer completely cleaned out and will do my basement freezer on Friday.
Will try and tackle Sissy's upper freezer tomorrow and then the outside freezer on Saturday. We shall see.
This could happen sooner than later.
It is amazing when I finish tasks that are so bothersome, and I blow everything out of proportion in my mind. Then finish and my mind opens up! That is how I feel today.
I made tacos last night; Hubs finished for lunch and will make boneless chicken thighs with a homemade Rice-a Roni in chicken broth for dinner.
Trying not to eat out and have been way more successful this month. Cleaning out the freezers will help.
Albertsons is having a sale on chicken thighs (my favorite) legs, and leg quarters for .99 cents per pound, but the last time Sissy and I got the pork chop deal at the same price, they were so tough that well, all I can say is "what did that poor pig do to deserve such treatment?"
I plan on throwing out the last of them.
Buyer beware.
Now I am off to make some cucumber and onion salad for the hurting Hubs,
Everyone, have a wonderful week!
God is good!
Hugs,
Kay
.jpg)
I would marinate those chops for a while and then cook all day in the crockpot pot - they should fall apart.
ReplyDelete